Trigger warning:

This site may, in fact always will contain images and information likely to cause consternation, conniptions, distress, along with moderate to severe bedwetting among statists, wimps, wusses, politicians, lefties, green fascists, and creatures of the state who can't bear the thought of anything that disagrees with their jaded view of the world.

Jul 25, 2011

NASCAR prayer, Who says the church aint relevant?

The Tennessean reports on an unusual prayer delivered before Saturday night’s Nationwide Federated Auto Parts 300 by Pastor Joe Nelms of the Family Baptist Church. It sounds like this guy is a fan:

“Most of all, thank you for Roush and Yates partnering to give us the power that we see before us tonight,” Nelms said, referring to the engine manufacturers for some of the cars. He went on to thank the Lord for the “Sonoco racing fuel and Goodyear tires that bring performance and power to the track.” ...

“Lord, I want to thank you for my smokin’ hot wife tonight, Lisa, and my two childre, Eli and Emma, or as we like to call the, ‘The Little E’s’.”
Race winner Carl Edwards appreciated the humor that came with Nelms’ prayer.

“I turned to Jack (Roush) after that. I said, ‘If anything happens, I want him to be at my funeral.’ That was one of the best invocations I have ever heard.”

No comments:

Post a Comment