Trigger warning:

This site may, in fact always will contain images and information likely to cause consternation, conniptions, distress, along with moderate to severe bedwetting among statists, wimps, wusses, politicians, lefties, green fascists, and creatures of the state who can't bear the thought of anything that disagrees with their jaded view of the world.

Aug 23, 2009

The more things change …..

….. the more they stay the same.



Ronald Reagan made this commentary on the current healthcare debate in the US back in 1961 and it is still valid today. The truth is after all, eternal.

“Every other revolution simply exchanged one set of rulers for another, but here for the first time in all the thousands of years of mans relation to man, a little group of men, the founding fathers, for the first time established the idea that you and I had within ourselves the God given right and ability to determine our own destiny. This freedom was built into our government with safeguards. We talk democracy today, and strangely we let democracy begin to assume the aspect of majority rule is all that is needed. Well majority rule is a fine aspect of democracy provided there are guarantees written in to our government concerning the rights of the individual and of the minorities.”

H/T Lemuel Calhoon.

2 comments:

  1. You've been busy. Maybe I should get an RSS reader to know when you're posting. I'm pinching this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seem to be finding plenty of material this time. Generally I am away for ten days then back for ten, but as I finish with a 12 hr night shift and a few hours of flying, waiting around, and some road travel I sometimes take a couple of days before I get the concentration back.

    Pinch away, I like to see this one around.

    ReplyDelete