Trigger warning:

This site may, in fact always will contain images and information likely to cause consternation, conniptions, distress, along with moderate to severe bedwetting among statists, wimps, wusses, politicians, lefties, green fascists, and creatures of the state who can't bear the thought of anything that disagrees with their jaded view of the world.

Oct 12, 2008

Late term abortions.

Abortion is essentially an anathema to me. The idea of terminating human life appalls me, especially in the context we have now where it is regarded as just another form of birth control. The time for birth control is before conception.

Now I am going to upset some of my conservative friends, but the issue of the mother’s safety goes further than just an excuse to abort. I hope they will understand.

The problem with abortion is that, like prostitution and other moral transgressions, it is impossible to wipe out.

Before I go any further I will point out that I am in no way inferring anything in the way of links between women who find themselves pregnant and prostitutes, so save your breath. There have been laws down through the centuries, possibly millennia against moral ‘crimes’ that have for just as long been ineffective.

While abortion is in my view not just a victimless crime, I have to say that it would be also horrible to contemplate the alternative of going back to the old backyard abortion, performed by unqualified persons in sometimes unhygienic surroundings. The abortion problem seems to me to go hand in hand with a general loss of value for human life.

I am not sure which is a symptom of the other.

Meanwhile the Victorian Parliament is debating a bill, which actually compels doctors who have a conscientious objection to abortion to refer patients to another they know not to have scruples. It will in its present form allow abortion up to 24 weeks’ gestation, and right up to birth provided two doctors consent.

This is why I am posting the following video, which I find appalling but it gives an idea of just what late term abortion is about in that live children who are separated from the mother are allowed to die. Such an act is cold-blooded murder: -

2 comments:

  1. I know plenty of conservatives who think it's "horrible to contemplate the alternative of going back to the old backyard abortion" but would prefer to change peoples' heart and minds about abortion. Some even believe that it's a woman's choice if her life is in danger.

    The fact is that I don't even really like to think about it and I could never watch that video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a difficult subject, and yes, that video was chilling and I was reluctant to use it.

    Frankly, I never want to see it again.

    ReplyDelete