Trigger warning:

This site may, in fact always will contain images and information likely to cause consternation, conniptions, distress, along with moderate to severe bedwetting among statists, wimps, wusses, politicians, lefties, green fascists, and creatures of the state who can't bear the thought of anything that disagrees with their jaded view of the world.

Jan 23, 2008

Fred Calls it a Day, What Next?

By Jim Fryar.


Well Fred has ended his run. I guess it was going to happen after South Carolina, I had really hoped he would do better there and I think he left his run too late. Had he done something like his last debate performance earlier in his run, things might have gone better for him.

I am not sure who to recommend now, Rudy is great on fiscal responsibility, some of his actions indicate a reasonably socially tolerant attitude however I am not convinced of this, he seems to just be a guy with very liberal attitudes towards his own behaviour without that necessarily translating to any real commitment to individual liberty. He is certainly no Whig/Lockean/Jeffersonian. He has some attitudes which would not offend a libertarian, but has few libertarian attitudes.

Huckabee is in my opinion a big government addict, and appears to be more of a Democrat than a Republican.

Romney fails to convince me but would be acceptable.

Ron Paul, if anyone takes him seriously tends to be a more mature version of the ‘in your face’, loony fringe candidates the Libertarian party have put up in the past.

This only leaves McCain as a viable candidate. He strikes me as an honest guy, who has a great deal of integrity, aims for lower taxes, plans to cut expenditure and looks to the private sector for solutions. I think he will do.



2 comments:

  1. Jim

    I agree with you on McCain. He may not be the perfect libertarian but he seems like an honourable man, a decent guy and prepared to do the right thing rather than play to the gallery. I hope he does well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The interesting thing about this is that there is a heavy campaign by white supremacist groups to stop him. The Pink Flamingo has more on it and I hope to post on it in a day or two.

    ReplyDelete